Your shopping cart is empty!
I was really quite chuffed with myself for finishing the Bedrock 50km race in Christchurch. 6 weeks before the event I could just manage a 10k run at a push, so running 50k was a huge stretch. Race day came and it was a painful slow day but I DID IT! I had done what I had thought impossible and I felt amazing- and utterly buggered.
Then I awaited with great excitement for the race pic's to be published, here was my moment of glory... OMG it was horrifying. Picture this: a backward shot climbing up a massive hill and glaring down at the camera lens was my shorts giving me the biggest wedgie imaginable! I pity anyone that was running behind me that day.
No I did not purchase the photo and from that moment forward I swore I would never wear shorts again. I might feel absolutely shattered when I run but hell girl I can look good, albeit a little sweaty and red faced.
I went on a mission to replace those nasty shorts and I discovered running skirts. They not only look fabulous and flattering they are also very practical. The Runningskirt Shop was born.
Here's my personal 10 reasons why I am a skirt addict:
1. Skirts move with your body naturally
2. Shorts can bunch up- front and back, impossible in a skirt
3. Skirts hide your wobbly bits better than shorts
4. Flat seams and reverse hems prevent chafing.
5. A little bit more wind in the nether regions - keeping you refreshed
6. Practical pockets for gels, keys and iPods
7. Super lightweight, quick drying, sweat-wicking fabrics
8. They are versatile, wear them for running and as casual wear
9. Designed to flatter your figure- they make your bottom and thighs look slimmer than shorts or tights
10. You look and feel fabulous!
If you haven't worn a skirt before, trust me once you have, you'll become a skirt addict as well.